It gives us a great pleasure to present a book on ‘Refrigeration & Air Conditioning’ from first year to final year engineering. This book is also useful to PG Mechanical Engineering students.
In this book we will study the Fundamentals of Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Air Refrigeration System, Vapor Compression System, Vapor Absorption System, Equipments, Psychometry, Human Body & Environment, Cooling Load Calculations, Ducts, and Applications etc.
Every care has been taken to present the matter in precise & simple language. Self explanatory figures are included to enable the students to draw the same very easily in examinations.
From a long teaching experience, it has been observed that students commit mistakes in the studying units. Therefore, we have taken systematic step for solution of the problem & the units have been made complete & comprehensive.
To develop more confidence in students appropriate questions from various universities are given at the end of each chapter. It would help the students to cope up with problems during the examination. This would encourage good learning habit among the students as the problems are solved thoroughly and systematically. Moreover, in the entire book S.I system of units has been used.
All necessary care has been taken to avoid mistakes/ misprints in the book. However, it is quite likely that some mistakes/ misprints might have passed unnoticed. Such mistakes & misprints of the book if brought to the notice will be gladly acknowledged. Any suggestion to improve the usefulness of the book will be gratefully accepted.
We express our sincere thanks to,
1. Principal, Dr. S. M. Deshpande, MMCOE, Pune.
2. Principal, Dr. V.J. Kakandki, BoS Chairman, Mechanical Engineering, Pune University.
3. Prof. Dr. P. M. Ghanegaonkar, DYPCOE, Pimpri, BoS Chairman, Mechanical Sandwich, Pune.
4. Principal, Dr. A. D. Desai, Shri. Ramchandra College of Engineering, Pune.
5. Principal, Dr. Dabeer, KJCOE, Pune.
6. Prof. Molkari Chandrashekhar, HoD Mechanical Engineering, BKIT, Bhalki-Bidar, Karnataka.
7. Prof. Dr. R. K. Patil, PVPIT, Pune.
8. Prof. Pujari G.K. Hyderabad.
9. Prof. N.K. Joshi, Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI), Talegaon, Pune.
We also express our sincere thanks to entire staff of Standard Books House - New Delhi; those have taken sincere and commendable efforts to bring out this edition in very short span of time.